There are many different ways to become informed of the often forgotten social justice issues Hampton Roads is faced with, get involved and make a lasting impact in your community. The range of events, activities, and workshops offered by the Virginia Organizing South Hampton Roads chapter present opportunities for everyone to find a way to empower those in need.
*The South Hampton Roads Chapter of the Virginia Organizing holds regular chapter meeting the 3rd Tuesday of each month (unless otherwise specified that month).
- Sunday, July 17: First Annual South Hampton Roads Virginia Organizing Picnic, 4pm-8pm, at the McCarthy’s home, 3845 Prince Phillip Circle, Virginia Beach, 23452. Bring a dish to share.
- Saturday, August 13: Virginia Organizing Annual Meeting, Richmond, 9am-2pm
- Tuesday, August 30: Immigration Issue Team Meeting, 12 pm noon
- Monday, September 12: Chapter Meeting
- Monday, September 12: Chapter Meeting, 7pm
- Saturday, September 17: Dismantling Racism Workshop– a discussion/description on personal experiences of race, and then focus on how to make changes. Time and location TBD
- Monday, November 14: Chapter Meeting, 7pm
Below is a link to the “Calendar of Events” for all of Virginia Organizing’s chapters throughout Virginia. Click to see what types of activities Virginia Organizing is involved with or to see if there is an event you would like to participate in!